Hello “Aguirre Pediatrics and Family Dentistry” community. This is our first entry into what we hope will be a valuable resource to enrich the lives of our patients and their families. Our goal is that your little ones are as healthy, happy and strong as possible!
SAFE KIDS SUNDAY TIP
There are so many great reasons to ride your bike: It offers fun, freedom and exercise, and it’s good for the environment. We want kids and families to ride their bikes as much as possible. Here are a few tips so that you’ll be safe while you do so.
- Wear a properly-fitted helmet. It is the best way to prevent head injuries and death
- Ride on the sidewalk when you can. If not, ride in the same direction as traffic as far on the right-hand side as possible
- Use hand signals and follow the rules of the road. Be predictable by making sure you ride in a straight line and don’t swerve between cars
- Wear bright colors and use lights, especially when riding at night and in the morning. Reflectors on your clothes and bike will help you be seen
- Ride with your children
- Stick together until you are comfortable that your kids are ready to ride on their own
Please remember quality time outside with your children is one of the best things you can do for their health, just be smart, follow this safety tips, and have a great time!